September 28, 2024, 07:18:53 am

Author Topic: plugin suggestion: MCmmo  (Read 2184 times)

darkstar87d

• View Profile
plugin suggestion: MCmmo
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:01:29 pm »
I checked the sticky to make sure and to my suprise no one seems to have suggested it. It it gives more reason for people to spend the times doing things. more like another insentive they can still mine just like normal but if they lvl there mingin they can mine faster and have chances for double drops for example. So ya im super interested in this and asked on server a few people were interested but unsure since they hadnt used it before. I from personal experience liked it alot. Its pretty balanced and completely editable for the moderator master. So if something does seem op it can be toned down. Thanks for everyones consideration. ;D

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: plugin suggestion: MCmmo
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:43:30 pm »
We are a Semi-Vanilla survival server. In short we most likely won't add game changing plugins to it. Especially ones that add new leveling and abilities, thats not what our servers about.

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 10:10:35 pm »
Having the leveling system as a part of Vanilla Monecraft is more than enough, as of now it can be beneficial by strip mining as you find all these different ores that give you XP. Because the mob spawning is ascending, you can also get more than enough XP from making a mob grinder.

TL;DR McMMO is all about levels. Vanilla Minecraft already has that via the means of ores, smelting, fighting mobs, etc.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 10:14:08 pm »
Having the leveling system as a part of Vanilla Monecraft is more than enough, as of now it can be beneficial by strip mining as you find all these different ores that give you XP. Because the mob spawning is ascending, you can also get more than enough XP from making a mob grinder.

TL;DR McMMO is all about levels. Vanilla Minecraft already has that via the means of ores, smelting, fighting mobs, etc.

What's strip mining? Is it when you randomly dig a 1x1x2 tunnel and see if you get lucky?

I do that sometimes, but I do a 2x2x2 so I have a better chance and I don't look like an xrayer.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:49 pm »

What's strip mining? Is it when you randomly dig a 1x1x2 tunnel and see if you get lucky?

Pretty much.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 10:39:01 pm »
Sorry to burst your bubble, but this has already been suggested before. It was pretty much my fault for not adding that to the Suggestions Portal.

All the MMO plugins are heavy-weighted. We are adding in a PvP-dedicated world, but we're not turning the entire server into MMO or PvP. This is a server dedicated to keeping it as close to Survival as possible.