September 21, 2024, 10:57:44 pm

Author Topic: [Operator] Banned?  (Read 2717 times)

After_Effect

• View Profile
[Operator] Banned?
« on: November 02, 2012, 02:47:38 pm »
Alright, forgive me if I'm posting this wrong as I have never done it before. To start off, about 4 or 5 months ago my computer crashed and I didn't have money to get a new one. I went through minecraft withdrawel and played creative mode on my phone. I just recently got a new computer and re downloaded minecraft and it said I was banned on this server. Not sure why but I thought this server was awesome and got a ton of friends to join me on it. They agreed too that it was awesome. I'd just like to know what I did wrong and if I could get unbanned.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:57:34 pm by BigBadHenz »

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
Re: Banned?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 02:57:07 pm »
http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=After_Effect

It seems like you've been banned permanently by a former mod for x-ray.
Either me or an Operator will have to investigate your mines to provide you evidence, I can't get on as of right now though, so please be patient until me or another Operator can clear this up for you.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:58:57 pm by BigBadHenz »

After_Effect

• View Profile
Re: [Operator] Banned?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 03:19:25 pm »
X-ray? A friend of mine told me before that I needed to stop mining without torches before. So when I logged in I was in a weird mine with no torches and I had to put some up to see. That was before my computer crashed but I came to the conclusion that I was hacked since my friend was saying I was logged in at times I wasn't really logged in. So I Changed my passwords. One of those times my guy even griefed my friends house. That was all before I changed my password though. Thank you for looking into it though. I would really like to play this server again.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:10:30 pm »
Well, it's good to hear that you changed your password as a precaution, but computer hacks are far and few between unless you visited malicious links and/ or websites that had spyware/ viruses in them.

I investigated some of the tunnels and have come across various instances where the x-ray came in to play. If it weren't x-ray, I would have expected a lot more than just 1x1 tunnels leading to and stopping at precious ores. Spamarian had to use torches in some of these tunnels, but now since the Night Vision potion has been released, I was able to see some of these tunnels without the use of torches.

(click to show/hide)

However, since the tunnels here weren't as extensive as some of the others we saw in the past, we might let you back on here, but you need to make absolutely certain that you do not have any type of mod or hack that will give you an unfair advantage above other players. This is covered in the SMP Rules (which I highly suggest you go through).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:13:18 pm by Xeadin »

After_Effect

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 10:05:48 pm »
Thank you for investigating that for me. Those tunnels were exactly like what I was seeing when my friend told me about what he thought I was doing. I probably should've reported what I had found on top of changing my passwords so as to prevent getting banned. If that were to happen again I will most definitely let someone know. I will read the rules again thoroughly tonight. When do you think I would be able to get back on?

After_Effect

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 03:43:52 pm »
I have thoroughly read and understand the rules. I did another password change, checked to make sure I have no cheats and/or hacks, and did a full virus scan on my computer to ensure this does not happen again.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 10:04:52 pm »
Unbanned. Welcome back, and let's not make a repeat of the same situation ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:31:08 am by Xeadin »