September 21, 2024, 11:15:46 pm

Author Topic: Massive Griefing, becomes unbearable!!!!  (Read 10406 times)

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
Re: Massive Griefing, becomes unbearable!!!!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 01:02:18 am »
the point is that you shouldn't be able to just come on here and start a massive project and expect some staff member to protect it for you. it's a purely survival server... protecting your own creations is just a part of it. it can't really be the staffs problem if you start a project that you can't support financially.

Gods forbid the staff actually attempts to stop griefing before it happens.

Getting a huge project secure from griefing would lower a LOT of the "Help I got griefed" calls that you get, you know why?
because they won't get griefed.  

most people don't build massive projects, and when I say massive, I mean MASSIVE not the regular big projects that everyone does, projects such as Nyssa's.

It's a strain on the moderators when massive projects get griefed & have them spend their own game time into fixing things that could be prevented.
and I offered a simple solution, You can put a section on the forums, perhaps under "Support" where you apply for a protection stone discount, possibly a custom protection stone that covers X by Y amount of blocks, based on the size of your project, and an X amount of money based on the size, and a discount, also based on the size AND cost.

No one wants to sit in a mine for hours, just grinding on whatever to make money, get their projects protected, when they KNOW that moderators will come about and fix everything anyways, the prices of the protection stones are simply too high, and the amount of protection stones needed is also insane.

keep the protection stones, put at a price, If it's possible (and I know it is) the existing stones could be tweeked for certain people, perhaps a redstone protection stone, that covers 200 x 200 blocks, for 45,000$ + permission to own a redstone protection stone for a project.

Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Drowse

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 01:48:38 am »
Hey Sephir :)

I know how you feel after putting in many hours of work on your creations... and I must add that you are one of my favorite builders on this server, but I do hope that you might consider staying and putting up with our growth issues we are having right now.  I know we are experiencing higher volumes of players and with that comes the good and the bad, however with team downcast trying to shut us down and the server running at max amount of players it takes time to get it all sorted out.    I have to say that after trying many other servers this is one of the better servers I have tried and I'm sure it will be worth planting your feet and staying.  I would also like to think that if you send the mods a tell they would come out and help you out with your grief :)
It would be nice if you could claim land for players that have larger creations hmm maybe this might be possible in the future.

Please continue to your awesome creations I know I appreciate them :)

lbien

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 05:18:35 pm »
@deject3d

Thanks! It looks better, I need to finish the interior, so I can fix the rest of it while I do that.

I had been mining up a storm to pay or protection stones, cause I need at least 10 coal, so that is $15,000. By the time I had a couple gold blocks, the thing was a mess and I gave up. I just hope I can get that amount mined before the griefers tear it all down again.

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 06:06:54 am »
i got so pissed by griefers that i donated $30 to opti, to get 2 diamond ps, 4 lapis ps and some other coal ps xD
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

Sephir1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 10:24:14 pm »
@logan sry dude didnt have much time to read the stuff here, tried to pm you, but i have some "insert letters from picture" issue...can´t see the letters so the pm wont accepted, maybe there is some plugin missing?! you know something that could help me?!

@Kian welcome in the club ;P

@Drowse
gosh you are always sooo nice bro,
i feel really honored and proud about your words!! And i agree with you until, now i didnt find any server that can compared with opti, i love it there and after a few sleepovers i decided to get back there...its not really about the server for itself (its great) but its also about the people which playing on the server and that idiots will constantly get banned so a nice community build up there (for me and even more important point)

I know its hard to deal  with so many people and opti running at max and i know you all give your best in holding it together, hope it will get better in time and the staff will come up with some solution...

but i learned my lesson, i will never build stuff, thats beyond my financials...i have a pretty big melon farm and spent soooo much time on mining but still i didn´t ever get enough money to fully protect my builds...so i can feel with the people, who start to think, they could never protect large buildings, it feels a bit like that.
I mean its ok, that you should have to work for the protection, if it would be free, it could cause a pretty big issue. But when you spent hours of hours with earning money and dont even see an end, its getting kind of odd ;P

I have BIG plans, that will overcome everything i build by far until now, but before i start such stuff i need to have trust in the issue, that i can protect such a work with a realistic amount of work =)

So like i wrote before, i seems like i just have to lean back for a bit and wait until opticraft adjust to the new situation with more people joining us (which is really cool btw and opti deserves it)

its essentialy sad that we even have to discuss such stuff because of some idiots/kids who have fun to destroy other players buildings xD

best wishes to all ;)

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 12:00:30 am »
Glad to hear you are coming back. Log in some time soon. I hope to see you around. I've tried to fix your stuff while you were gone. There isn't much griefed.

Sephir1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 04:18:48 pm »
thanks a lot logan!!!!

very nice of you, got some time today and will say hello ;)

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 10:10:13 am »
Its nice to keep the good players here.
Welcome back. Unfortunately, I just read the topic. ALl the week I was busy with training and the college classes.
I know how you feel, and I believe the most of us, since griefing is a major problem for all the Minecraft players.
I faced a situation like this yesterday when 2 people came in my home, they destroyed it , they made the walls with holes, they destroyed 500+ roots of mellons and when their inventory was full, they were dropping the stuff into water.
Thanks to Drowse, the GREAT Drowse, all were normal again..
I wish I could have their IPs. I could play with those guys, but I dont have them.

Dont give it up dude. Continue the good work!

Sephir1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 12:10:33 am »
Thx spa =)

Uh your story isnt bad as well!!! xD

But i agree the mods really give there best to hold the store together =D
And if i would have a ip of such guys i would love to face them on pvp deathban servers and personally ban them from every server they would show up ;P
See you around dude, also dont give up yourself, there will be better days for sure ;D

Opti is awesome and stay awesome thats it!!!

Thx again Drowse and Logan, that you safed my life on this server, i will NEVER forget that!!!!

Also thanks to all the other people, which build me up and had some nice words...the community is so great here, lets keep an eye on this treasure ;)

Best wishes to all