October 05, 2024, 08:22:26 am

Author Topic: Questions about Moderatorship  (Read 2900 times)

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
Questions about Moderatorship
« on: May 23, 2012, 06:33:04 am »
Hey people!

So, I have just found out about the opening of the Moderator applications, and I have a few questions I would like answered either by Moderators, Operators, Trusted, etc. before I even think about submitting an application.

1) In order to get Moderator, must I be on very frequently? Because as some of you may know I am learning Java and thus I am not on as much.

2) Is there anything I can do to improve my chances of becoming a Moderator? Please don't take this the wrong way as I am not asking to be a Moderator just yet.

3) Who eventually decides on who becomes a Moderator?

4) Approximately how long shall these applications be open for?

Thanks to anyone who clarifies these questions to me, and also good luck to anyone who has tried to submit an application. I wish you all the best of luck and hope.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Moderatorship
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 07:10:36 am »
1. Atleast once a day would be good.
2. Be active, helpful etc.
3. The admins.
4. Until the admins decide they have enough active mods.

Also, this should not be in mod apps, probably support or general discussion :/

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 07:17:09 am »
Shifted.

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 07:56:09 am »
3. The admins.

I wasn't sure where to put this, so please neglect my error.

Thanks for the reply, but I must know; what do you mean by active? Do you mean on everyday for a few hours, or as little as an hour? It's not like I'd be on only once every week, but I need to know so that I can adapt my studies.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:29:04 am »
3. The admins.

Thanks for the reply, but I must know; what do you mean by active? Do you mean on everyday for a few hours, or as little as an hour? It's not like I'd be on only once every week, but I need to know so that I can adapt my studies.
Everyday for a few hours is alright in your case  :)

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:39:18 am »
3. The admins.

I would recommend a bit more than an hour, since you start off as a mod on trial, and admins do take activeness serious, so if you're not on a lot, you might not get the moderator rank permanently.

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 11:46:16 am »
I have sent an email regarding this matter to my friend and he has suggested thatI firt complete my studies, and then aim to become a Moderator. I am perfectly happy with this response, so thanks for contributing to this forum. I hope to one day become a Developer for Opticraft. However, this right now is looking EXTREMELY far into the future, so I won't go around telling this. For now, I shall keep myself as Trusted so that I don't have to face the responsibilities of a Moderator in the midst of my studies.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 11:47:18 am »
I have sent an email regarding this matter to my friend and he has suggested thatI firt complete my studies, and then aim to become a Moderator. I am perfectly happy with this response, so thanks for contributing to this forum. I hope to one day become a Developer for Opticraft. However, this right now is looking EXTREMELY far into the future, so I won't go around telling this. For now, I shall keep myself as Trusted so that I don't have to face the responsibilities of a Moderator in the midst of my studies.
That's probably the best decision you could have taken.

You'll eventually have time to give it a shot :P

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 12:02:05 pm »
That's probably the best decision you could have taken.

You'll eventually have time to give it a shot :P

And thus I chose that answer. And yes, I know I will have time to retake this application further down the road. And hey, by that time I may have picked up some recommendations, hopefully from some Moderators. And at that time I should have finished my studies and be able to pick up a Bukkit bukkit and see what makes it tick.