September 08, 2024, 05:00:20 am

Author Topic: Adding PvP. Staying safe!  (Read 6108 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Adding PvP. Staying safe!
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:04:14 am »
How about a new plug-in? We should type in /PvP to turn on/off PvP. What this does is enable you I take damage from other players. If that doesn't pass, we could have PvP blocks. They should work like protection stones. You place them, and when tey type /PvP add (player), a player would be able to take damage within the set area. The player would then have to type /PvP accept or /PvP deny. So basically, after the PvP owner  types /PvP add (player), it's almost like a teleport, they accept or deny. There should be features with this, such as some of the protection stone features. Can I get some more suggestions on this?
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

jko831

• ^ knows everything about Minecraft.
    • View Profile
Re: Adding PvP. Staying safe!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 02:59:34 am »
That was my idea!

(click to show/hide)

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 03:53:58 am »
This is a very good idea actually.

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 03:54:12 am »
i am sorry to say but i dislike this idea, i played on shadowraze which is an optional PvP server. what you had was people attacking someone then turning off their PvP so they wouldn't die. Those who would want to fight would constantly spam whoever they wanted to fight with. what makes opticraft so popular is the fact that they are not just another unorganized PvP server. Opticraft has the best buildings because people are not just obsessed with killing each other. PvP will raise the amount of grief because someone would get killed and then get mad and grief or spam the chat because they lost their stuff. Trust me i have seen it all. This is a good idea but just not for this server.

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 04:18:13 pm »
Well, if you get mad, then don't accept it or empty your inv before accepting. I have two more suggestion on this:

1. There can be a duel system where you challenge someone for a duel and if he/she accepts, then nobody will be able to quit the duel unless somebody dies. Like in MMORPGs (ex: Knight Online, Silkroad Online).

2. There can be another modification where peoples' inventories won't drop after a duel(PvP). Only his/her experience points drop or simply a certain amount of xp like you kill monsters.

Think about these ideas.

That was my idea!

Lol yeah i saw your topic about the exact same thing xD

Check it out! ;)

techdude98

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 03:59:18 am »
Still like i said
Opticraft has the best buildings because people are not just obsessed with killing each other.
don't get me wrong when i first joined opticraft i thought PvP would be great, but after playing on it for a while i realized that this server should not have PvP. The administration has more important things to worry about such as the new world. After they finish it i hope they might be able to take a look at the whole idea of PvP and officially make a permanent decision about it. Every few days there is a topic about PvP I am sure everyone is getting tired of it.     
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:01:30 am by techdude98 »

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 04:12:54 am »
Ok so far. Agree with everybody here. And I have also played shadowraze before but never had that problem. And I do think the duel system would work.

1. Again, remember my pvp stone idea. We could use that and people would accePt or deny pvp area.

2. You're right about the /pvp thing. We could also just have an arena with more plugins so it's part of the server. Make a server arena
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 01:29:54 pm »
A server arena is already built.

Check it out! ;)

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 02:20:05 pm »
A server arena is already built.
This is right. Now we only need PvP turned on their. I hope we get matches to fight their!

I think PvP is not a good idea. Most of the servers when PvP is turned on are people waiting to kill new players. Or when you are crafting killing you and other ways. The PvP arena is a very good idea. People can watch other people killing each other and you can fight each other!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

techdude98

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 02:41:12 pm »
I guess a PvP arena would be OK but, if PvP will be implemented in any way it should include the modification in which no ones inventory will drop.

alinkintime

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 05:09:45 pm »
But where would their inventory go if it doesn't drop?

ryans1230

• Need Help in SMP? Do "/mail send ryans1230 <msg>"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 05:11:38 pm »
i guess it would stay with them.

techdude98

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 10:57:24 pm »
still though PvP arenas are flawed even if u manage to solve the issue of people running out of the area after they hit someone you still will always have the one or 2 people with a fire aspect 2 knock back 2 and sharpness 5 sword and great enchanted Armour. usually they will dominate the arena and it will never be a fair fight thus it won't be fun to fight anymore.

mini25252525

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 02:11:18 am »
And? Thats not our problem you dont have to go there but we want to.

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 03:59:32 am »
still though PvP arenas are flawed even if u manage to solve the issue of people running out of the area after they hit someone you still will always have the one or 2 people with a fire aspect 2 knock back 2 and sharpness 5 sword and great enchanted Armour. usually they will dominate the arena and it will never be a fair fight thus it won't be fun to fight anymore.

Who says that therewill be a person like that? If there was a scheduled arena match, then that would be permitted, so I see no sense in considering this a 'flaw'.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.