September 22, 2024, 02:32:05 am

Author Topic: Expelling someone from a town after some period of time?  (Read 2167 times)

Tree Frog

• View Profile
Expelling someone from a town after some period of time?
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:35:54 pm »
What are the rules for recovering a house in a town?   I have a small village and two of the guys have been gone for 26 days and 1 month +27 days respectively.    I'd like to get the space back.  I left a sign for each of them a couple of weeks ago (obviously they haven't been on to see it).

What's the right protocol?   One of them has a chest with items in it so I'd need someone to help remove that.

Thanks

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Expelling someone from a town after some period of time?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:40:12 pm »
What are the rules for recovering a house in a town?   I have a small village and two of the guys have been gone for 26 days and 1 month +27 days respectively.    I'd like to get the space back.  I left a sign for each of them a couple of weeks ago (obviously they haven't been on to see it).

What's the right protocol?   One of them has a chest with items in it so I'd need someone to help remove that.

Thanks

The one gone for 26 days is a little iffy, might have to wait another week at least on that one.  The one gone for almost 2 months is certainly deserted.  By the looks of things you've followed the proper protocol.  Placing the signs was also the proper thing to do.  I would say that your next step would be to call over a mod/admin to do two things.  First, confirm the players have been OFFLINE for that much time, and second (if they have been) to clear the chests/furnaces/doors and any PS that might be protecting the structure.  The structure itself would (normally) be up to you to remove.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 10:40:05 pm »
Next time, put a rule that saying: "We have the right to destroy your home if you be offline for a month(or 2 weeks) unless you ask us not to remove your house"

Check it out! ;)

Tree Frog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:02:09 pm »
Next time, put a rule that saying: "We have the right to destroy your home if you be offline for a month(or 2 weeks) unless you ask us not to remove your house"

Yea, I learned a lot of lessons after this first attempt at a town.   :P     It kind of grew on it's own which was cool but comes with some minor issues too.     Oh well, it was fun to do.   It's not the end of the world even if I just leave them there.   With the new member world coming, my guess is most new people will go there anyway.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas.