September 21, 2024, 08:29:21 pm

Author Topic: Question about protection  (Read 3112 times)

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
Question about protection
« on: June 05, 2012, 07:59:13 pm »
This is my first post on this forum, and I am new to this server. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, or if the question has already been asked and answered, etc. If I am doing something wrong, please just say so in the thread.

Alright, I've been making a farm around an 11x11 protection stone (you can see it at /home SuperCreeper007), and I've been trying to get my door to be able to be opened by me and someone else, but only us two. I have no trouble doing this with the protection stone (as in giving the rights to the 11x11x11 area to someone else), but I can't seem to do this by /lwc.
    First of all, I don't understand what half the commands mean :/.
    Second, when I do /lwc [command], it tells me what command I'm doing, but it's referring to chests when it does that, not doors. Does that mean anything? For example (I'm using a bogus command here): it'll say /lwc giveuserrights [username] gives specified user access to the chest., even though I'm trying to get it to work on a door.

Help anyone?
Thanks for reading :).

Alber_Oliva

• Keeping it classy
    • View Profile
Re: Question about protection
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:05:58 pm »
Hey,

All you need to do is the following: /cmodify [Friends name]

bubblekiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 08:08:44 pm »
the /cmodify (friends name) works on furnaces, chests, doors and trap doors, /cprivate locks suff thats not auto locked like trap doors, and /ps allow (friends name) lets them build in the ps area. i hope this help you
-bubblekiller
[/img]http://signaturecraft.us/signatures/eJw9yjsKgDAMANA9p8gFBOvvAIoOrgrOKQYJ1ghJe3833_zGN0aymxkWMc84JXLHhzMlXIrLqzjrJcpsEP-7ZTJc-RQ4RDMbbkVNnL/

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 08:15:35 pm »
Just did it. Thanks so much guys :D

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 08:23:15 pm »
Doors, chests, furnaces, and the like are auto-locked, so all you need to do is to use:

/cmodify [Friends name]

For other items that are not auto-locked, use the commands appropriate to what you want the protection for.

/cpublic makes the item usable by everyone and anyone
/cprivate makes the item usable only by you, unless you specify other users using "/cmodify name1 name2 etc..."
/cpass <password> locks the item with a password and only users that know the password can access that item using /cunlock <password>. Sometimes, a password-protected item might be specified by players for public use for added protection so that it's not incidentally griefed or stolen. Using /cunlock does not mean that it can be infinitely accessed. After a certain time, the time is reset for a user and they will have to enter the command again (preferrably if they log in the next day)
/cremove removes a specified protection and makes the item available for anyone to modify

Keep in mind that not all items are affected by /lwc, so you do need to pay special attention to those few items. That's where the protection stone comes into play.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:26:47 pm by Xeadin »

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 08:39:35 pm »
Doors, chests, furnaces, and the like are auto-locked, so all you need to do is to use:

/cmodify [Friends name]

For other items that are not auto-locked, use the commands appropriate to what you want the protection for.

/cpublic makes the item usable by everyone and anyone
/cprivate makes the item usable only by you, unless you specify other users using "/cmodify name1 name2 etc..."
/cpass <password> locks the item with a password and only users that know the password can access that item using /cunlock <password>. Sometimes, a password-protected item might be specified by players for public use for added protection so that it's not incidentally griefed or stolen. Using /cunlock does not mean that it can be infinitely accessed. After a certain time, the time is reset for a user and they will have to enter the command again (preferrably if they log in the next day)
/cremove removes a specified protection and makes the item available for anyone to modify

Keep in mind that not all items are affected by /lwc, so you do need to pay special attention to those few items. That's where the protection stone comes into play.

If you don't mind, could you give me a list of all the items that are protected by /lwc? Or just tell me what I'm missing:

>Doors
>Furnaces
>Trapdoors
>Brewing stands
>Chests

Is that it?

Anyway, thanks for the quick responses! One of the best servers I've come across, on most others anyone who 'helps' you is just trying to scam a noob  :). Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I have another question  :). The live map is so big, I can't find my house, even though it's right next to the NorthEast warp. How do I get to each warp on the map?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:48:12 pm by SuperCreeper007 »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 08:47:21 pm »
I do not want to give forum-browsing griefers an incentive on what items can be and cannot be protected by /lwc, so unfortunately that list is to remain behind closed doors.

We are always willing to help out in any way ;)

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 08:49:37 pm »
Alright, thanks anyway. I have another question though. Here it is, I'll just quote myself:
EDIT: I have another question  :). The live map is so big, I can't find my house, even though it's right next to the NorthEast warp. How do I get to each warp on the map?

Thanks!

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 11:18:49 pm »
I have another question  :). The live map is so big, I can't find my house, even though it's right next to the NorthEast warp. How do I get to each warp on the map?

The arrow on the compass that is colored red indicates North. Since the arrow points towards the top left direction, then you can deduce that NorthEast town is towards the "top" of the live map. It's not easily noticeable unless you zoom in close enough.

Be aware that our live map had been experiencing some updating issues in the past, so you might not see any current changes until sometime down the road. Check often, though, because it will appear ;)

SuperCreeper007

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 12:36:41 am »
Thanks alot  :)