September 29, 2024, 03:25:09 pm

Author Topic: Don't trust me  (Read 4428 times)

lbien

• View Profile
Don't trust me
« on: June 25, 2012, 06:55:54 pm »
You know what, don't ever trust me.

I like this server a lot. I am not leaving any time soon.

But you know what? Placing water and lighting stuff on fire isn't worth playing some childish political game. 'Don't ask to be trusted.' What a bunch of hogwash! How do I become trusted? We're not going to tell, but don't ask.

I gather that I should somehow kiss up to mods or get on mumble. #1 I don't kiss up to anyone in real life, why should I do that here? and #2, I am deaf so this mumble thing would be pointless.

So I have resolved that I will never place water or light stuff on fire, fine. I just ignore that part of the game, it's worth it to avoid playing politics with a bunch of Minecraft divas.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
Re: Don't trust me
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:14:10 pm »
You don't to 'kiss up' to the Staff. Just be a normal player. :)
Also, you can type on Mumble.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 07:15:29 pm »
I do understand where you are coming from, but I'm not sure you understand the meaning of trusted. Trusted is the rank given to the people that ops trust to never break the rules. To people that are considered kind, helpful and active. Quite frankly, kissing up to the mods lowers your chances. I get messages from people that want trusted every day who pretty much kiss my ass, and they dont get trusted. They get ignored. We dont tell you how to get it because it doesn't depend on what you do, its how you act. Its faster to use mumble because if you can hear people talk and socialize, you can see how they react to certain things, and get a better opinion of them. The reason you're not trusted is because you're looking for trusted. If you just play and enjoy the game, you'll get trusted. Dont let it be your number one goal- enjoy yourself. Dont expect something that you might not deserve. I think you should try to remember what "trust" means, and think about that. People are trusted on this server in the same way people are trusted in real life. Not by "kissing up", but by being reasonable, responsible and worthy of it. Unless you make friends in real life by who kisses up the most, I hope you understand what I'm saying.

lbien

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 07:30:42 pm »
I don't know if you can see my history, but I've been on the server since the first month. I got banned for stealing glowstone the first day, but followed the rules since then.

I only posted once before this about being trusted and have NEVER asked any mods in game. In fact I never see a mod cause I hide far away from griefers.

Anyway, I'm not here to plead my case, I'm just here to make a point and put an end to any chance of becoming trusted. I don't need it to enjoy myself, but I think the whole policy is an ego feed for the mods and it makes me sick.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 07:32:20 pm »
I havent seen you around since I got operator. Maybe I didnt notice you, but I never see you talking.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 07:35:55 pm »
I only posted once before this about being trusted and have NEVER asked any mods in game. In fact I never see a mod cause I hide far away from griefers.

This right here is why you aren't trusted yet.  Like I've said on MANY different "How do you get trusted" messages, you have to make yourself an active member of the community.  Hiding over in a corner where NOBODY will see you isn't going to get you trusted.  You're, in fact, making yourself invisible to everyone.  How can you expect us to trust you when we don't even know you exist?  Come on, let's get real.

Become active in the community, go to events, get noticed, and trusted will easily come your way.  And no, mumble isn't a requirement to be trusted.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:38:35 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 07:41:14 pm »
My parents are deaf so I understand where you are coming from :-)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 07:55:25 pm »
My parents are deaf so I understand where you are coming from :-)

Being deaf doesn't even factor in...  It has NOTHING to do with people's ability to get trusted status.  I'm a heavy dyslexic but you don't see me running around complaining that I'm not an admin because I have a bad short-term memory and get my D's and B's mixed up.

Oh, and before you say it's not the same thing, you should know that I had to go through EXTENSIVE training from almost day 1 in order for me to become a "normal" person.  When I was a kid the doctors said I would probably never surpass a grade 6 level... I've been to college, I've been a network administrator, I've run my own computer repair company, I know two programming languages, and I've even been in the Fire Service...  Even now I have Dyslexic issues, but I'm so good at working with them that people don't even realize I have a problem unless I tell them.

Sorry if this is a little rant-ish.  I just have a very short temper for people who use their disabilities as an excuse.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:58:18 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

lbien

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:56:10 pm »
Thanks FNV.

I am latent deaf and did not grow up with deaf culture.

It is sometime frustrating when I am asked to do something that involves perfect hearing. But, I know I should not, just something I've got to learn to accept.

:)

lbien

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 07:58:55 pm »
ViperZeroOne

You should be proud for overcoming your dyslexia that is great!

But you have no right to judge, so can just stuff it.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 08:04:21 pm »
Hey...No need to get hostile.
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 08:15:47 pm »
Hey...No need to get hostile.

Agreed... You were the one who used your deafness as a reason why you are not trusted, when you fully admit that you go out into the middle of nowhere and play solo on a multiplayer server.  I was rebutting that statement, which is a very acceptable thing to do.

As I stated, if you want to be trusted you don't need Mumble.  Just be an active member of the COMMUNITY, and you'll get noticed and then trusted.  If you want to avoid grief then use PS stones or become a member of a protected city.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:17:42 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

lbien

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 08:24:45 pm »
viperzeroone

this is the last response i make to you

i mentioned my hearing issue because if i was expected to go on mumble to earn a trusted rank, it's not going to happen, i can't just work with a therapist to overcome that particular limitation

you made it in to a 'i'm a poor little cripple' statement to pump up your own self worth

i am not devaluing what you have done, i admire you for it

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 08:28:55 pm »
you made it in to a 'i'm a poor little cripple' statement to pump up your own self worth

I gather that I should somehow kiss up to mods or get on mumble. #1 I don't kiss up to anyone in real life, why should I do that here? and #2, I am deaf so this mumble thing would be pointless.

No, you did that yourself with your little rant about kissing up and being unable to use mumble, and I just slapped you with a little dose of reality that you didn't like...  The reason you aren't trusted is your own fault, by playing solo and avoiding everyone.

if i was expected to go on mumble to earn a trusted rank, it's not going to happen, i can't just work with a therapist to overcome that particular limitation.

And thank you for proving my point...  I have disabled friends, one of which is deaf due to an infection he got in his teens.  I'm not going to argue with you about your limitations, because that argument is between you and yourself.

Anyway you have your answer about getting trusted, and thank you for your admiration.  I am, however, locking this topic because your right the conversation is now pointless.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:38:26 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 08:47:18 pm »
I have seen lbien since before I was a mod... My 2 cents.