September 22, 2024, 02:39:50 am

Author Topic: Ban Appeal  (Read 1973 times)

ale838

• View Profile
Ban Appeal
« on: July 06, 2012, 06:27:28 pm »
i dont know why i was bannd? i was camping. i dont have internet on an island.

cade35

• View Profile
Re: Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 06:42:45 pm »
I would like to point out why I believe I'm relevant before I vouch for him. I had a ban that I believe is similar. I got banned for griefing luupsters stronghold, however I was pardoned. This is because it was determined that the stronghold was public. I believe that's we he was banned. Also his in game name is col453.

Bahraindude_2497

• The Watcher
  • I'm always watching you - Greifers - ALWAYS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 09:03:47 pm »
The Username of Cole453 was banned by BigBadHenz for greifing 45 blocks...However being that this was your 4th ban on this Server Your Ban was Extended to Permanent by Matticus as of you previous bans...Please wait for BigBadHenz and Matticus to respond to this post...

Chicken walking to GLOBAL DOMINATION!

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 07:56:53 am »
Your ban is set to permanent. I've checked your ban records and it appears that you have a 4th ban on records so I have set it to permanent.
Ban appeal denied.

cade35

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 04:38:56 pm »
You still haven't told who he "griefed". In which case gives him no way to explain himself.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 04:45:35 pm »
You still haven't told who he "griefed". In which case gives him no way to explain himself.

They don't have to say "Who" was griefed.  They did say that he DID grief (which means a player reported it), that it was 45 blocks, and that this was the 4th ban.  We give unnecessary information in most ban appeals just to be kind, but that information is by no way required.  The privacy of the victim, to prevent retaliation, is our highest priority.  Also, you should already know that just because someone is banned on a specific day, that doesn't mean that's the day they griefed.  They could have griefed a week or two ago and it was just reported to us today.  Our block history goes back months and months so you can be charged with grief long after you committed the crime.  Just because you get away with it the week you griefed, doesn't mean you're safe from being caught.

With all that said, by all rights this player should have been permanently banned on the 3rd ban, so he got a freebie and blew it.  That's the only RELEVANT part of this whole discussion, other than the fact that Henz has already passed judgement.  Ban discussion over.

In addition, you shouldn't be posting on appeals that you aren't involved in.  It's appreciated that you gave us his in-game name, however that's as far as your commentary should go.  If you were standing there watching him grief, you're involved.  Just because you had a similar ban doesn't make you involved in this one.  Please follow the rules and guidelines for ban appeals.

Locking this topic due to Henz already finalizing his decision.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 04:57:06 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)