September 28, 2024, 07:34:14 pm

Author Topic: Trusted club!  (Read 9885 times)

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
Re: Trusted club!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 02:06:29 am »
Hmm, I change my mind about it. Sorry snape, it does sound like a nice idea though. I forgot to put that as I had to do something.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 02:27:07 am »
To everyone who reads this: We need to stop making things for trusted +. If the whole server cant have it, then why can can a selective group have it? Its just like racism, the members and below are the "lower class", and the trusteds + are the higher class. Some members are working there butts off to to get trusted and they might not even get seen by the mods and up. We dont want a "selective" server. We want to work together as a group to upbuild the server, not tear it down. I hope I havent offended anyone, but this boils my blood honestly.
just because you think nobody is watching you, they are. I was randomly contacted by dedlymagik saying"keep it up i think you might get trusted" or sometging like dat.

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 02:35:05 am »
To everyone who reads this: We need to stop making things for trusted +. If the whole server cant have it, then why can can a selective group have it? Its just like racism, the members and below are the "lower class", and the trusteds + are the higher class. Some members are working there butts off to to get trusted and they might not even get seen by the mods and up. We dont want a "selective" server. We want to work together as a group to upbuild the server, not tear it down. I hope I havent offended anyone, but this boils my blood honestly.
just because you think nobody is watching you, they are. I was randomly contacted by dedlymagik saying"keep it up i think you might get trusted" or sometging like dat.

I never said there arnt watching you. Some people are naturally quiet and then mods are busy, bam, They dont get noticed as much as an active person who is constantly talking about griefing. My main point was that I didnt want one group on this server to think that they can controle the lower groups. Do you ever see mods running around making guests do their work for them? No, you dont. So they really dont see themselves as any higher that trusteds, besides the fact they get more abilites to keep the server running smoothly. Sure they might get a little power hungry sometimes and forget to turn off fly when building, but they have a hard job, so they deserve a little "treat", but you dont see them banning people for not saying hi to them when they join.

Edit: I wouldnt really call flying power hungry, but I couldnt think of anything off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:38:30 am by pew1998 »

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 02:41:30 am »

I never said there arnt watching you. Some people are naturally quiet and then mods are busy, bam, They dont get noticed as much as an active person who is constantly talking about griefing. My main point was that I didnt want one group on this server to think that they can controle the lower groups. Do you ever see mods running around making guests do their work for them? No, you dont. So they really dont see themselves as any higher that trusteds, besides the fact they get more abilites to keep the server running smoothly. Sure they might get a little power hungry sometimes and forget to turn off fly when building, but they have a hard job, so they deserve a little "treat", but you dont see them banning people for not saying hi to them when they join.
i know about quiet people like this. I never really saw xangelxdevilx or UNDE4DN1GHT or even sircy im chat much and look at them now. I fully agree with you though. Though one reason they WERE trusted is because they were unselfish, so they wouldnt get too cocky with their titke.

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 03:15:11 am »
Erm, if this is an argument, then let's stop it. We are all friends here, right?
Bacon!

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 03:27:17 am »
Erm, if this is an argument, then let's stop it. We are all friends here, right?

Right!

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 03:34:18 am »
Snape, I have an idea for it. Maybe make it for all players, and charge them? I can try to supply materials if you want.

Right!
Let's start an"I love my friends club", them we can be all friends. xD Sorry for the offtopic.
Bacon!

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 05:02:38 am »
I'm completely against this. Exclusive clubs, or groups are no-good.

It's understandable that you're looking for something fun to do, but I think this will cause division between Regular members, and 'trusted'.

If you're going to do this anyways, No one is going to stop you. But out of respect for your fellow players, I'd recommend not to create this 'club'.

Good luck.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 09:36:19 am »
+1
I am all for it, and there is a moderator lounge so why not a trusted club/lounge. It sounds like a cool idea.
To be honest, No one really goes to the Moderator Lounge. Its empty all the time and I fear it will be the same with the 'Trusted' lounge.

Exactly what I was going to do, same minds think alike.

In addition to the Mod lounge, it is not used to kick back and drink some coffee and all, if that's what you're thinking.
It's more of a place to get "things" that are needed to moderate, but since we've inherited additional commands, it's not much use at all.

If I see this thread get out of hand, I will lock this.

DeweyMeister

• Just chillin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 10:26:03 am »
I know when i was a trusted player i always wanted to go into the Moderators lounge. It really wasnt that great and i think if you were to build this trusted club i doubt it would get used much just like the mod lounge, just saying. I do understand why you would want to make this though. In my opinion it really would only make members feel really low on the server. Just my opinion though. :)

Dewey :)

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 04:09:15 pm »
If I'm going to receive so much hate for motivating members to stay around for trusted, might as well scrap the idea then. Thanks to the haters, it will now be my own PRIVATE little club.
Why won't we just look how it would be going? If Snape keeps it private then it is good. There was no problem with Thefulcan's city that was only for Trusted+. And there are enough other Trusted (only) clubs. But they are just keeping them secretly. Nothing wrong with that. And if it is going wrong with the club he will just remove it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

Lema

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 05:06:29 pm »
I don't really reccomend this topic. We are no better than anybody below us.

I am all for it, and there is a moderator lounge so why not a trusted club/lounge. It sounds like a cool idea.
There shouldn't be a trusted one because then we are pointing out we are better than members. Which we are not.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:14:03 pm by Tobs »

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 05:13:37 pm »
Please don't double post, use edit/modify next time.
Trusted people do not have to go here, it isn't forced upon them as it is just a project. Members could make their own club if they wanted as well, again, it's just a project/creation.

icooliam

• I'm on Skype add me my name is icooliam
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 05:16:22 pm »

Yes but moderators work hard on the server constantly and are always responding to tickets. No offence to Trusted at all but it's not like they are working as hard as the mods.
Visit Towona (my town) now using /home icooliam

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 06:02:08 pm »
the Moderator lounge is used for storing Water, Lava, and fire blocks. That's almost the ONLY reason anyone uses it.
It's not about working. As I said earlier, If you're going to make a 'private' 'club' go ahead, Just don't go making topics about it, and maybe keep it a secret.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء