September 21, 2024, 09:43:21 pm

Author Topic: iGroovy_x - Ban Appeal [Automatic]  (Read 4551 times)

Groovy

• View Profile
iGroovy_x - Ban Appeal [Automatic]
« on: November 30, 2012, 07:48:15 pm »
I got banned by the automatic ban appeal for griefing..

So this is how it happened, I was Enderpearling out of spawn to go find a snow biome to silk touch some ice when I ended up in some house made out of Glass Panes and Gold Blocks so I tried silk touching the glass panes so that I could get out and just replace them then I got banned.

I'm guessing I must have hit the glass panes with the Enderpearl I threw and glitched inside. I had just been mining for 3/4 hours straight and now I end up banned from a stupid glitch *facepalm*

- Groovy

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: iGroovy_x - Ban Appeal [Automatic]
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 09:02:04 pm »
Honestly that story doesn't fly, if you are ever stuck somewhere you should just type /spawn or /home.
You never break a block that isn't yours. Thats one of our rules. You even said you were trying to break out. Grief traps aren't something you appeal because you have to break at least 5 blocks out.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 09:32:14 pm »
You tried to grief to get out of a house and got banned, I dont see a glitch here.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Groovy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 10:18:27 pm »
You tried to grief to get out of a house and got banned, I dont see a glitch here.

You don't see a glitch in trying to "get out"? How do you think I got into it without getting banned? If it was a trap it would have got me before I got inside... I was throwing enderpearls to travel quickly since I have my own enderman farm its not like I have limited supplies (I have around 8 - 10 double chests spare). Anyway I must have hit a glass pane and glitched through it.

You even said you were trying to break out. Grief traps aren't something you appeal because you have to break at least 5 blocks out.
I had to break more than 5 blocks since the glass was connected to a wall and I didn't realise that I couldn't fit through. And now your thinking well that only adds up to 4. Well when I noticed that I didn't have any Glass in my inventory or on the ground I tested the silk touch to make sure I was using the correct pickaxe as if I wasn't then I would have /warp'd to the market to buy some to replace it!

And why use silk touch instead of teleporting? That area is all run down / griefed. I never in 1million years expected anyone to live their so by silk touching the block and replacing it would therefore cause no harm to anyone since no one would even notice I had been their never mind break a block to get outside of the house.

And as for the "Honestly that story doesn't fly,"... I could have swore you reduced this guys ban / unbanned him for saying he was
only using xray vision to test if my Mod had worked because it had kept shutting down my minecraft
. So you honestly think that is a valuable excuse but my truthful, no 'bs' reason isn't?

If you think I'm lying just leave it ill wait 7 days. I'm just requesting the ban be shorted / removed as it was accidental / glitchy.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 10:59:42 pm »
First off, keep in mind I can not reduce your ban, it's a grief trap. Anyhoo I don't understand what a ban appeal for xray has to do with this. I unbanned him because he admitted what he did apologized for it, and was sincere about it. Your story still doesn't add up, I just checked the trap itself, you broke grass outside the trap. the only thing that is part of the trap is the build itself, not the dirt around it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:13:51 pm by ☣2crzy4uall☣ »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 02:26:51 am »
Regardless of how you got in there, you could have used your home or any other warp to get out. Instead, you decided to grief. Now you have to face the consequences.

Groovy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 01:57:09 pm »
First off, keep in mind I can not reduce your ban, it's a grief trap. Anyhoo I don't understand what a ban appeal for xray has to do with this. I unbanned him because he admitted what he did apologized for it, and was sincere about it. Your story still doesn't add up, I just checked the trap itself, you broke grass outside the trap. the only thing that is part of the trap is the build itself, not the dirt around it.

I'm not going to argue about it, I did not grief and why would I grief when I had just applied for moderator.. seriously..

Non the less, do I seriously loose trusted because of this? because if I do I'm just going to give up with the server, I help out, give free stuff out 24/7, enchant peoples stuff for free and now all I get is accused of being a griefer and loose trusted? cool, thanks.

Even so, by definition I would like to know who I was griefing?
"Griefing is the act of irritating and angering people in video games through the use of destruction, construction, or social engineering."

If like you say it was a trap therefore by me trying to get out using silk touch to replace the blocks they would have been non the wiser to me have being stuck in their or even visiting in the first place which therefore leaves no one 'griefed'. Especially since it is an abandoned area of the map by definition I in fact griefed no one as no one was angered as no one even knew I was their.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 06:08:11 pm »
So your whole defense now was that you weren't griefing? Kinda hard to make that claim after getting banned by a grief trap. The important point is that there are multiple ways of getting out with out griefing, yet you chose to grief. You have only yourself to blame.

Groovy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 06:14:15 pm »
yet you chose to grief.

Okay so can I just ask are you reading anything?

1. By definition I griefed no one for two very obvious reasons:
         - The area of the map was clearly abandoned, so anyone who built anything their would have not even noticed me  going in/out of the 'house' since I was using Silk Touch to replace anything as I was trying to get OUT.
         - By definition "Griefing is the act of irritating and angering people...", so since the area was clearly abandoned by me Silk Touching blocks to get out even if some how they did find out they would not be in the slightest angered or irritated since nothing has changed / stolen.

2. The whole point was I was exploring, so why would I was time teleporting /home then walking back to where I was and achieving nothing just purely wasting time when I can achieve the exact same outcome by simply breaking and replacing the blocks and causing no harm to ANYBODY.

3. The whole reason I got this ban in the first place is because of a glitch to do with enderpearls! Why did you build the structure out of glass panes? If it was built out of a solid glass block or any other solid block I wouldn't have got stuck in it in the first place! I threw a random enderpearl but since glass panes are positioned halfway between a block when I hit the glass pane my head got pushed into the block above which cause me to get pushed into the structure. Had this been any other FULL block the ban would have never occurred.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 06:24:10 pm »
Actually, Griefing is destroying/modifying someone else's work without their permission.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 07:01:55 pm »
1. By definition I griefed no one for two very obvious reasons:
         - The area of the map was clearly abandoned, so anyone who built anything their would have not even noticed me  going in/out of the 'house' since I was using Silk Touch to replace anything as I was trying to get OUT.
         - By definition "Griefing is the act of irritating and angering people...", so since the area was clearly abandoned by me Silk Touching blocks to get out even if some how they did find out they would not be in the slightest angered or irritated since nothing has changed / stolen.

So, you're saying that we should allow EVERYONE on the server (staff included) to just make holes in 'abandoned' builds and cover them up without the original builder's permission, and justify that we were stuck? The answer is NO. We're better than that, especially with multiple options available.

2. The whole point was I was exploring, so why would I was time teleporting /home then walking back to where I was and achieving nothing just purely wasting time when I can achieve the exact same outcome by simply breaking and replacing the blocks and causing no harm to ANYBODY.

You are causing harm by doing it the lazy way. What makes you think we're going to let people slide on server rules just because of laziness? Do you realize how many people use that as an excuse for their bans? Again, there are more than one option to get in/ out of somewhere, and destroying/ placing blocks in SOMEONE ELSES structure should be the LAST thing that comes to mind.

The answer is no. All you're doing is justifying reasons why we ban people.

Do not make up ridiculous arguments. If you're gonna successfully persuade us, get your facts straight first before you put the words together.

Groovy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 07:18:16 pm »
Actually, Griefing is destroying/modifying someone else's work without their permission.

Whatever definition of griefing your going by is in fact your interpretation of griefing.

Quote from: MinecraftWiki link=http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Griefing
Griefing is the act of irritating and angering people in video games through the use of destruction, construction, or social engineering. Popularized in Minecraft by teams, griefing has become a serious problem for server administrators who wish to foster building and protect builders.

Quote from: Wikipedia link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Griefing
Griefing is the act of chronically causing grief to other members of an online community, or more specifically, intentionally disrupting the immersion of another player in their gameplay.

Quote from: UrbanDictionary link=http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=griefer
Griefing: Someone, usually in an online game, who intentionally, and usually repeatedly, attempts to degrade anothers experience or torment them.

So since that's your definition of griefing, can you explain to me how I griefed anyone? Using silk touch to break a block and then replace is to get out of something I'm pretty sure is not "destroying/modifying someone else's work without their permission" since nothing has changed!

So, you're saying that we should allow EVERYONE on the server (staff included) to just make holes in 'abandoned' builds and cover them up without the original builder's permission, and justify that we were stuck? The answer is NO. We're better than that, especially with multiple options available.

If theirs no harm done then by definition no one is griefed and therefore no one is in the wrong! You clearly have your own understanding of the word griefing. If people we're that bothered about items inside of their buildings they would use the other options available to protection whatever (/cprivate, /cpassword <word>) or even go through the hassle of actually getting the protection stones that are available!

Why have those options if they are a secondary? I have protection stones on all my buildings, you dont see me EVER complaining about getting so called 'griefed'. Why is that do you think? Maybe because I took the time to do something about it instead of complaining!

Do not make up ridiculous arguments. If you're gonna successfully persuade us, get your facts straight first before you put the words together.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! The whole reason for this ban is because of grief when in fact by definition no one was griefed!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:21:04 pm by Groovy »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 07:43:25 pm »
You griefed a grief trap and got banned. Please wait out your ban. Locked.