September 21, 2024, 11:08:47 pm

Author Topic: SignShop or ChestShop Plugin, Trading made easy  (Read 23845 times)

Deleted111

• View Profile
SignShop or ChestShop Plugin, Trading made easy
« on: January 09, 2013, 07:33:51 am »
Deleted
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:20:01 pm by zajhein »

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: SignShop Plugin, Trading made easy
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 07:50:35 am »
A very well thought out suggestion. I was not aware that the chest didnt have to be right under the sign, so a player market could look like the server one
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

cschurz

• View Profile
Re: SignShop or ChestShop Plugin, Trading made easy
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 09:06:25 am »
the problem with these plugins, as stated previously, is that eventually there will be chests and signs everywhere. the only real solution to that is to only allow building chest shops in a certain area, but then we'd need some sort of plotting system with automatic deletion of old/empty chest shops. it quickly becomes a difficult task.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 09:09:30 am »
the problem with these plugins, as stated previously, is that eventually there will be chests and signs everywhere. the only real solution to that is to only allow building chest shops in a certain area, but then we'd need some sort of plotting system with automatic deletion of old/empty chest shops. it quickly becomes a difficult task.
Have it as a donation reward? Possibly something like 5 active chest shops and signs at once.
This way fewer people will have access to it, and they won't waste them by spamming them across the map.

Dunno, just a suggestion.

mcoon1

• Winter is Coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 10:07:41 am »
How about you require that the chests/signs be placed inside of the radius of a protection stone? That way, people could only place them in areas that they own and spamming becomes a non-issue.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 10:57:53 am »
How about you require that the chests/signs be placed inside of the radius of a protection stone? That way, people could only place them in areas that they own and spamming becomes a non-issue.

That's surprisingly smart :P
And I'd love to have a chest shop.... I'd donate for it. I do support the idea of this. I really don't think that it would be an huge issue with old shops. Because there are already hundreds of unused shops. Why would it be any different if they had a sign inside?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:35:04 pm by ☣2crzy4uall☣ »

johekl

• Top Voter
  • Mayor of Tudor Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 11:25:58 am »
I always sell stuff I don't need to the market, I don't want stand at a shop when I can do other things with my time, this plugin would change that. This would be a nice addition and I'd donate for this aswell.
:o

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 11:33:19 am »
I like this plan.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 12:03:10 pm »

it's an ok idea, but it's not bullet proof. if we were to implement sign shops, you would no doubt find tons of signs and chests just outside of each spawn zone/town or other trafficked areas. if we implement your idea, then the same would happen - except one person would own the land. what happens when they stop playing, or stop caring about the sign? we can't trust them to remove the chest shop, nor can we trust them to remove the protection stone.

people would be protecting areas they don't need protected, just to put up a shop. it would not work well.

and that's not to mention the problem of actually implementing it - it would require a lot of modification of both chest shops and the protection stone plugin. not so easy.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 12:12:45 pm »
People dont like to waste protection stones. Unless they have 50k+ they wont do that idea and only a miniscule amount of the people have that much money. And nost are trusted or inactive.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 03:08:03 pm »
People dont like to waste protection stones. Unless they have 50k+ they wont do that idea and only a miniscule amount of the people have that much money. And nost are trusted or inactive.

Lot of people have that kind of money, from member to Op.

it's an ok idea, but it's not bullet proof. if we were to implement sign shops, you would no doubt find tons of signs and chests just outside of each spawn zone/town or other trafficked areas. if we implement your idea, then the same would happen - except one person would own the land. what happens when they stop playing, or stop caring about the sign? we can't trust them to remove the chest shop, nor can we trust them to remove the protection stone.

people would be protecting areas they don't need protected, just to put up a shop. it would not work well.

and that's not to mention the problem of actually implementing it - it would require a lot of modification of both chest shops and the protection stone plugin. not so easy.

What if there was a flag on the protection stone that could be turned on for the player to be able to make the sign shop. Except the would have to ask a staff member to turn it on for them. That way, the staff member can decide if the area is sutable for a shop, and not just a random area.
It's not a very difficult task, so staff shouldn't have much of a problem with it, we would only have to remember the command.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 03:17:24 pm »

Lot of people have that kind of money, from member to Op.

What if there was a flag on the protection stone that could be turned on for the player to be able to make the sign shop. Except the would have to ask a staff member to turn it on for them. That way, the staff member can decide if the area is sutable for a shop, and not just a random area.
It's not a very difficult task, so staff shouldn't have much of a problem with it, we would only have to remember the command.

even more modification of precious stones and chestshop, then having to maintain these modifications through bukkit updates - i'm still not convinced.

feel free to continue suggesting things, but please heavily consider how difficult something is to actually implement and maintain. simple solutions are welcome.

most chestshop plugins probably have a dupe exploit hidden somewhere inside of them, too - so keep in mind that optical or I would probably be writing our own chest shop system if someone can come up with an elegant solution to the aforementioned problem.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 03:22:01 pm »
The only way I could see TheWholeLoaf's suggestion being shot down is the argument that there would be a flood of users whining and begging for their protection stone to have it's flag set to allow sign shops, but it's a possibility.

There's another issue to sort out. Personally I don't think it will be the sign shops themself that will become the issue, but instead the signs advertising the sign shops. Players may start making hundreds of signs (now with technicolor!) saying "go to /home n00b3 for awesome sign shop!" all around, and we can't make signs a protection stone radius only thing.

Best griefer name ^

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 08:01:58 pm »
"Lots of people have that money, from member to op"
Even so, it costs 1500 for a coal PS. You cant fit many shops in an 11x11 area, as you cant have chests touching. To really spam the landscape, youd need a lapiz stone, and anyone below baltop 5 would not waste  one. Besides, i havent seen any spammed chest shops on any server that ive been on. And if we were to code our own chest shop plugin, wouldnt it be easier to have it in only Pstones?

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 08:42:07 pm »
But, as well as spaming them around spawns, someone could place one near another places shop or outside their house, trying to deture players from that shop and to theres, so you could also grief with it, plus, if you dont want you shop to be grieved, you'd still want a ps right? so whats the difference whether it's to protect ur shop or if its to protect ur shop and to make chest shops?
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com