September 22, 2024, 04:39:01 am

Author Topic: SignShop or ChestShop Plugin, Trading made easy  (Read 23862 times)

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: SignShop or ChestShop Plugin, Trading made easy
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2013, 10:14:56 pm »
Not to go against the ops (though that is exactly what I'm doing), sign shops would be a great idea. I run a small shop that almost no one ever goes to. It's a great little shop, and adding a sign shop would probably increase business. I understand that the coding would be hard, but I think it would be worth it. These are just my thoughts, so yeah.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 09:42:39 pm »
When 1.5 comes out, partially automated shops will be possible.

Here's how:

1) Shop owner sets up a "books" chest with a hopper on top (maybe even supplies books).
2) Shop owner also has many signs for item pricing
3) Players write a list of stuff they want in a book, and drop it into the shops ordering system (the hopper on top of a locked chest.
4) When shop owner is online, he/she gets the books out and fullfills the requests by giving each customer a chest filled with the items they wanted as well as their book. The chest for the customer would have a sign with their name on it or something, but the chest would be password locked.
5) When the customer pays the requested amount to the shop owner, then the shop owner PMs the customer the password to their chest.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 09:47:01 pm »

Here's how:

1) Shop owner sets up a "books" chest with a hopper on top (maybe even supplies books).
3) Players write a list of stuff they want in a book, and drop it into the shops ordering system (the hopper on top of a locked chest.
4) When shop owner is online, he/she gets the books out and fullfills the requests by giving each customer a chest filled with the items they wanted as well as their book. The chest for the customer would have a sign with their name on it or something, but the chest would be password locked.
5) When the customer pays the requested amount to the shop owner, then the shop owner PMs the customer the password to their chest.
We still do not know how lwc is going to handle hoppers.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 10:03:00 pm »

Here's how:

If the hopper is on a locked chest then the items will soon be discarded from the hopper into the chest below. I doubt a shop owner will ever get a full chest of books/player item requests, and if their shop is THAT popular then surely the owner will be smart enough to use a double chest, or have like 10 chests with multiple hoppers to ensure there won't be a lack of space for books of requests to go.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 11:50:56 pm »

Here's how:

If the hopper is on a locked chest then the items will soon be discarded from the hopper into the chest below. I doubt a shop owner will ever get a full chest of books/player item requests, and if their shop is THAT popular then surely the owner will be smart enough to use a double chest, or have like 10 chests with multiple hoppers to ensure there won't be a lack of space for books of requests to go.
We still don't know IF hoppers will deposit items into a locked chest though.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 11:58:46 pm »
Don't game mechanics such as that override the plugins?

Best griefer name ^

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 12:26:01 am »
They shouldn't.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 12:56:07 am »
That all depends on how lwc implements it.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 12:58:14 am »
Was gonna ask why that would be disabled then realized you could take items from a chest.