September 21, 2024, 11:41:05 pm

Author Topic: [Zeradeth_] Ryguythezombie Appeal  (Read 1357 times)

Ryguythezombie

• View Profile
[Zeradeth_] Ryguythezombie Appeal
« on: February 05, 2013, 01:09:14 am »
My son was trying to enchant his diamond sword, so he broke two cobblestones at nastycreeper5's house (because he had an enchanting table), went upstairs, enchanted his sword, then exited the house and replaced the two cobblestones. No harm done. Here's the link to the ban: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=ryguythezombie
Please help?

Zeradeth_

• "I am burdened with glorious purpose." -Loki
    • View Profile
Re: [Zeradeth_] Ryguythezombie Appeal
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:00:24 am »
Hello,

I witnessed this griefing, so I know precisely what happened; what you say is true. However, breaking two cobblestone in order to use an enchanting table and then replacing them still constitutes as grief. His ban isn't very long, and it's the first on his record. Since it was the first, I would have only banned him for a few days since it was such a minor incident, but when I approached him on the issue, he denied having done the original deed (which was on another build by nastycreeper5) and proceeded to break cobblestone in front of me--at which point I banned him. It's not a long ban, as I stated previously, and I believe he can wait it out.

On a further note, please express to your son that we have a 0 tolerance policy on griefing, and that if he is banned four times (no matter the reason) he will be permanently banned from the Opticraft SMP server. I would hate for this to happen.

Please have your son read this definition of griefing and make sure he understands it:

Griefing: breaking blocks on or entering another player's build without their permission.

Also, please read this to your son/have him read it. It's Opticraft's rules and policies:

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,6784.0.html
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:29:50 am by Zeradeth_ »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Ryguythezombie

• View Profile
Re: [Zeradeth_] Ryguythezombie Appeal
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 01:49:04 pm »
Thank you, I understand. I'll explain it to him.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:27:41 pm by Ryguythezombie »