September 28, 2024, 05:23:28 am

Author Topic: Mob egg donation  (Read 20695 times)

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
Re: Mob egg donation
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2013, 01:42:32 pm »
Well maybe you should bump up the price by $2 and give them a coal pstone and upon purchase have a statement saying something like so: "you are about to purchase an item that requires protection so your mobs may continue thier lives, coal pstone included."

Still not 100% bulletproof.

Still... +333
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Megamoltar

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2013, 01:18:16 am »
Does that still not help the least if anything? Not all the donations are perfect, I mean if you can show me that they are all perfect I'll drop my case.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2013, 04:13:31 am »
Does that still not help the least if anything? Not all the donations are perfect, I mean if you can show me that they are all perfect I'll drop my case.
I'm not going to go through all of them, but none of the current donation rewards are items, so none of them can be affected by other players on the server. But the spawn eggs can.

Megamoltar

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2013, 03:42:13 pm »
I'm not going to go through all of them, but none of the current donation rewards are items, so none of them can be affected by other players on the server. But the spawn eggs can.
😐 wouldn't say that they can't be affected by other players, they are just less likely to be affected.

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2013, 08:12:38 pm »
       I'd have to agree with this case, You can't make it exactly "100% bulletproof", I don't think ANY donations are "100% bulletproof". Just my opinion tho
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2013, 08:51:49 pm »

I have to agree with xDeeKay on this one. At first I liked this idea, but when you throw in the factor of players losing their animals and begging for their money back, it just takes away from this idea. This is probably one for the archives.

Honestly, when someone is legitimately in an area where a certain animal truely is impossible to get, some of the OPs may be willing to spawn you two starter animals. I'm not saying beg the OPs for animals, but when I was new here, I built an island out in the middle of the old guest world ocean. To get animals I would have had to lure them with wheat... 1000 blocks or more... in a boat... over the water. On land would be one thing, but bringing animals 1000 blocks accross the ocean just wasn't practical. One of the OPs (not sure if I should mention names or not) was willing to spawn me 2 cows (at the cost of trolling me a little bit lol) to start off with.

The only thing this idea would prevent would be the issue with the spawn eggs where the admins came and took everyone's spawn eggs because everyone was selling them as a rare item for buttloads of money. It will probably happen again in the future as I wouldn't be surprised if an op or admin has ever given out a couple spawn eggs which are now unintentionally in some player's inventory. Not accusing anyone, but in the far off future the same incident will probably come up again. This suggestion, if implemented, would probably fix that issue.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:25:44 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^