September 28, 2024, 05:21:33 am

Author Topic: Mob egg donation  (Read 20694 times)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mob egg donation
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 06:53:57 pm »
Maybe a "purchase at your own risk" warning is needed. maybe with a disclaimer stating "We are not responsible for death of an unprotected mob, etc" or something along those lines.
There already is a disclaimer for donations stating no refunds, but that doesn't stop some people.

seriously, this is already there and it doesnt stop idiots asking for refunds... Not that my first post I ever made had annyyything to do with that...

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2013, 03:30:33 am »
Is there ever going to be a decision on this? The topic has kind of boiled down into conversation about something different:P

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2013, 08:08:14 pm »
I think the admins are just trying to make them selves un-popular.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2013, 08:15:15 pm »
Yes, thats obviously it.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2013, 08:17:57 pm »
The issue here is that, xXJimB0bXx donates for an egg, he spawns it and someone kills it... now  xXJimB0bXx just wasted real money and we cant just spawn another because  xXJimB0bXx could say he had 20 instead of one cuz he bred them. Seems to me it would cause more issues and complaints than happy people. And yes adding that flag to PS would make the problem less of an issue, but you cant expect people to know every little detail.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 12:05:45 am »
The issue here is that, xXJimB0bXx donates for an egg, he spawns it and someone kills it... now  xXJimB0bXx just wasted real money and we cant just spawn another because  xXJimB0bXx could say he had 20 instead of one cuz he bred them. Seems to me it would cause more issues and complaints than happy people. And yes adding that flag to PS would make the problem less of an issue, but you cant expect people to know every little detail.
Technically, it would be xXJimB0bXx's fault because he chose to not protect his animals.

addah

• Trusted on opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 12:27:42 am »
I think it's a good idea but has a lot of issues with it also. I would donate to get eggs for villagers. But also there are dumb people out there who would try to get a refund like 2crzy4uall said.
~addah123

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 01:01:39 am »
I think it's a good idea but has a lot of issues with it also. I would donate to get eggs for villagers. But also there are dumb people out there who would try to get a refund like 2crzy4uall said.
Coal PS and fences= no complaints.
As I stated, it's really the player's fault for choosing not to protect their animals.

addah

• Trusted on opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2013, 01:04:45 am »
Yeah I know but most people wont think of that really. Then they will be dumb enough to get a mod and complain. I know it's the players fault but the mods can't do anything about it. so there will be complaints no matter what.
~addah123

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:58 am »
Coal PS and fences= no complaints.
As I stated, it's really the player's fault for choosing not to protect their animals.
Dude, you're missing the point too.. It doesn't matter if it's xXJimB0bXx's fault or not, he as well as others will probably still complain to a staff member, no matter how many disclaimers you throw at them.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2013, 03:52:19 pm »
Or it could be the fact that optical has to make all donation decisions, we cannot do anything regarding donations. Maybe think before you post next time, it helps, trust me.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2013, 08:39:34 pm »
Or it could be the fact that optical has to make all donation decisions, we cannot do anything regarding donations. Maybe think before you post next time, it helps, trust me.

This was a joke guys lol
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Megamoltar

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2013, 02:54:41 am »
Well maybe you should bump up the price by $2 and give them a coal pstone and upon purchase have a statement saying something like so: "you are about to purchase an item that requires protection so your mobs may continue thier lives, coal pstone included."

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2013, 06:28:26 am »
Well maybe you should bump up the price by $2 and give them a coal pstone and upon purchase have a statement saying something like so: "you are about to purchase an item that requires protection so your mobs may continue thier lives, coal pstone included."

+1
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2013, 06:48:07 am »

Still not 100% bulletproof.