September 27, 2024, 11:07:13 pm

Author Topic: Trusted Suggestions (No, not asking for more perks)  (Read 5539 times)

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
Re: Trusted Suggestions (No, not asking for more perks)
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2013, 02:55:07 am »
     I disagree with the statement in #2 how a random player could/should just use a /helpop if someone isn't supposedly talking enough in the chat? This would have the staff running all over looking at players just playing and wasting their time. I myself am very social in chat, but if I am trying to get something done, would I really be talking in chat, or doing it?
Because everyone who joins for the first time sees people who can do more than they can do, and I think a lot of people would rather have an orange name instead of a bland gray name.

I think the biggest issue is that it's discouraging to new players because they may think they'll never make it to this trusted rank. Then they may leave because of this.

Let's be optimistic. If they see a cool name they may want to have it. Then they'll keep coming on until they've acheived their  goal.
See trusted brings more people on, though of course there are always stragglers.
     I agree, this motivates me to try harder an achieve higher things in the server, I am perfectly fine without being a Trusted. Did I say it wouldn't be cool? NO! But It's fun just play and see what every new day brings. Who knows? I may make 100k, or decide to build a castle, or find 27 diamonds, The worlds there to explore. So I am motivated to just play and have fun, not try my hardest to get Trusted, Just have fun.
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)