September 21, 2024, 05:59:41 pm

Author Topic: [iGenerator] Bueller17 Ban Appeal  (Read 2517 times)

Bueller17

• View Profile
[iGenerator] Bueller17 Ban Appeal
« on: May 09, 2013, 09:15:24 pm »
Dear iGenerator and staff,

I was banned for "Griefing prinkey00's home".  The issue I have with this is that in the past, if a person has been offline for 2 months or more, you can get there ps stones removed... and take down there houses.  I know this from when I have used /helpop to get other peoples home removed that no longer play.  Back to my issue, when i took the pistons from prinkeey00's home, he had been off line for over 7 months, well past the 2 month period; further more, prinkeey00 still has not been on.  As of today he has been off line for over 10 months.  Prinkeey00 left as soon as the server removed pumpkins from the market, and i knew that he was not coming back as he told me so.  Even with this being said, i left his stuff alone for so long, and was amazed when i finally went to his house and found 85% - 90% of his pistons were already gone.  

I am all for banning griefers, but there is a key distinction in griefing somebody, and removing somebody else's items where i know that they are not coming back to the server, and was proved with /seen.

Also, prinkeey's p.s. stones were already removed, everywhere except in his chest room.  It makes since that his chest room is still protected since we cant take the items from chests anyway.  

If it comes down to money, by that i mean the money i gained through pistons, that can be addressed; however, i dont see why it would have to be given the situation.

I hope this makes since, i dont mean any disrespect to iGenerator or any mods, ops or any staff, i just dont understand why the banned happened.

Let me know if there is anything in the, appeal / rant, above that you dont understand.  I am sorry that this appeal turned into a rant but, it is only because I am confused by the ban.  

Thank you for your time,

-Bueller17

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=Bueller17

Edit: Inserting ban link
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:37:42 pm by Felix_De_Kat »

Bueller17

• View Profile
Re: [iGenerator] Bueller17 Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 05:54:27 pm »
Is this being looked at?  I am fine with waiting for a response, but i don't want to be waiting if my appeal is being dismissed.  I know it has not even been a day, i can wait.

Note for above, I also took quite a bit of red stone dust.  I am not trying to be dishonest about what i took, as i though i was just taking the scraps left behind from when people cleaned it out after he had been off line for 2 or 3 months.  This was reinforced by seeing there was griefing around doors that had not been undone (by staff). 

-Bueller17
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:35:02 pm by Bueller17 »

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:49:58 pm »
I am going to have to deny your appeal as you said you think it is okay to grief others while they are away from the server. In addition to this you said you even sold his materials to make a personal profit, as I said previously you appeal is denied. You are free to come back onto the server when your ban is up, in this time make sure to read over our rules.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Bueller17

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 10:09:44 pm »
I said there is a difference between griefing and removing somebody's items that you know is never coming back.  When did the rule change where after 2 months you cant have staff come in and remove there ps and destroy there buildings.  I said the money issue could be addressed... you did not even want to hear it.  Unless these questions are answered all i can think is that you felt you needed to find somebody to ban.  You are overlooking the amount of time that the person has left.  Can other staff members confirm that this change of 2 months did happen, and when it happened?  I realize people make mistakes and i would be willing to forget this if your response actually addressed my issues with the ban.  I still feel that i have been ban unjustly.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:21:39 pm by Bueller17 »

Zeradeth_

• "I am burdened with glorious purpose." -Loki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 10:21:18 pm »
Can other staff members confirm that this change of 2 months did happen, and when it happened?
Juuuuust thought I'd step in here and say that there has never been a rule or regulation stating that people can go into a player's home and remove their pstones after two months of inactivity. We've had players come back after several months of inactivity--where would we be if we just went in willy-nilly and destroyed their homes? That has never been, and never will be a rule. It's up to the staff's discretion, however, on how to treat certain cases. For instance, if the person is permanently banned and has not been on for several months because of that ban, there might be some leeway there, especially if there was a denied appeal.

Sorry if I'm stepping on your toes here, iGen.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Bueller17

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 10:39:52 pm »
I did not mean it as a solid rule.  What I meant that it is an unspoken rule based off my past experiences; further more, at what point does it go from griefing to this person is not coming back.  Personally, if I have not logged on to the server in 6 months, I am not going to expect that all my stuff will be completely in tact.  It takes all of 1 minute to log into minecraft, join the server, maybe type /seen (some name) and leave.  This is what I do to keep my /seen date within 1 month.  The only reason I would not log in like this this is because at that point I would not care about my stuff in the world to take 1 to 2 mins to log in.  I understood this feeling as server wide.  There has to be a point where it goes from griefing to this person is never coming back.  I am not saying that what I am saying is the absolute truth, but the fact that I am willing to destroy the pistons I collected, and have a op/ admin knock my money back down shows that I was not just like... o lets go destroy peoples stuff.  If you look at my balance it is not like I have to have the money that I gained from it.  The collection process was just something for me to do, when I had time, as I did not want to start another huge project. 

At this point I would also like to hear thought from opps + just because I want definitive answers. 

The change in what I am calling this... not griefing, but removing old builds from people who I know are not coming back as he told me.  And the money compromise was not even addressed.  There is more than one way to punish somebody for something. 

BTW... does anyone care to explain to me what happened to the other 90% of prinky00's pistons??? Because I know that he had way way more pistons than what I collected.     

At this point I would also like to hear thought from opps + just because I would like definitive answers.

EDIT:

To put things in perspective, I was trusted before I was banned, also have spent enough time on the server to be on the top balance first page.  I did not think my actions were against the rules as I was not willing to risk my trusted status.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:15:45 pm by Bueller17 »

Bueller17

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 01:32:51 am »
Talked to somebody about this on mumble... Please lock.