September 21, 2024, 08:04:03 pm

Author Topic: Ban Appeal: Idkiller banned by clawstrider for xray hacking.  (Read 1585 times)

RUDY

• View Profile
I would like to appeal my ban from otpicraft server because i don't have the x-ray mod. I was banned for something i do not have access to and for something i didn't do. I have never been banned from any server before, and i have been ranked up several ranks. This is the link to the information of my ban: http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=idkiller . I know i should be unbanned because there is no proof of me having the x-ray mod for hacking, i have recently been working on improving my shop which is still under construction. My house is on the guest world and my shop is near it. I have never griefed and i have never used mods, mainly because i don't know how to install them. I have looked up you tube videos and searched Google, but the computer technics are too complicated for me. This is why i believe i should be unbanned, because i did nothing wrong, and i abided by the rules of the server and other server players. Thank you.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Appeal: Idkiller banned by clawstrider for xray hacking.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 04:00:33 pm »
Hi,

I was scouting some mines when I came across one of yours.

I noticed that you had mined in a seemingly random direction, heading straight downwards.

(click to show/hide)

You then reached gold ore

(click to show/hide)

I looked around the rest of your mine, and it also followed a seemingly erratic route, but nearly invariably leading to ores.

Another example:

(click to show/hide)

And then

(click to show/hide)

You'll have to convince me that you're not hacking. Everyone we catch uses the "I have no idea how to use xray" excuse, and in your case, it looks pretty likely that you were hacking (To me).

RUDY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 12:31:33 am »
Well claw, i watch a youtuber called The Syndicate Project, i'm not sure if you heard of him or not. He recently finished a series called Lonely Island Hardcore. In this series, he survives on an island in hardcore mode. For multiple episodes of the series, he goes strip mining in random directions (up, down, diagonal, sideways) and finds diamonds and multiple precious ores. Me being a fan of Syndicate, i thought i would give that method a try, and it worked for me. Now it is coincidental that there were many ores in the directions i mined in, and since there were, i continued with that method. I can see that you have doubts, but i promise you it was all by luck, and that i do not have the x-ray mod, or any mod at all. 

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 04:29:25 pm »
I'm sorry to say that I'd have to agree with Clawstrider's interpretation of these tunnels.  Going back to your earlier mines you've always stuck to regular strip mining methods.  Long tunnels, not too far apart, and in a straight line.  Suddenly your new tunnels seem to be snaking all over the place.

The biggest thing that points to X-Ray, which Claw didn't mention (and why I'm posting) is that your snaking seems to always end at an ore.  You don't go through the ore, you hit an ore, dig it out, and then go off directly towards another ore.  The odds of this happening by simple chance is probably about as good as winning a new car.

Still, this is Claw's ban and the final decision will remain with him.  I just felt these things should be noted here.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 06:52:39 pm »
I'm sure you xrayed, and your unapologetic nature and constant denial doesn't exactly encourage me to unban you.

Denied.