September 21, 2024, 08:38:09 pm

Author Topic: [operator] Taskmaker Appeal  (Read 1291 times)

Taskmaker

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
[operator] Taskmaker Appeal
« on: August 29, 2013, 03:48:08 am »
While briefly away from my computer, a friend of my girlfriend's son was visiting and wanted to check out the area near the market I was in, and began exploring. I believe he triggered an automatic grief trap. He informed me afterward that he found a "cool-looking house made of diamond blocks" and wanted to see inside. He was not aware that I was connected to a multiplayer server, nor did he realize the consequences of his actions. I explained to him that Opticraft wasn't a "wild" server with no rules, and suggested that what he did was just as disrespectful as someone cutting a hole in his real-life house just to "see inside." There are always assumptions, and consequences, for any action. He has since apologized to me for getting my account locked, and I am here to apologize to the Opticraft community for allowing him to use my account unattended, even for a short amount of time. I will be more than happy to repair the damage to the house and tidy up the landscape around it, if I may please have my account reactivated. Thank you very much for your consideration.
Sincerely,
Taskmaker

Ban info

Changed title and added link.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 04:59:42 am by johekl »
What's on my Wishlist? Why Diamond Protection Stones, of course!

Click To Send a Message!

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Taskmaker Appeal
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 04:51:32 am »
Your account was automatically banned by a grief trap. This is a 7 day ban, and you must wait until it expires.

Taskmaker

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: [operator] Taskmaker Appeal
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:21:20 pm »
Fair enough - those are the rules. Thank you. :)
What's on my Wishlist? Why Diamond Protection Stones, of course!

Click To Send a Message!