September 21, 2024, 07:54:25 am

Author Topic: Minecraft Economy  (Read 2450 times)

zildjianbob

• View Profile
Minecraft Economy
« on: March 17, 2012, 01:40:02 am »
As many of you know, Opticraft SMP has a great economy system, but the fact is, there's no true market to back it up! I, zildjianbob, am trying to create and encourage independant shops that have access to advertising, workspace, and productivity all through the cooperation of the server. If my idea was fully realized, we could even end up with the first in-game stock market! :o I am attempting to start the snowball by creating my own legit store on my island, aimed at increasing the amount of new players who dedicate themselves to the server by selling affordable bundles for survival and many other things. I encourage others to help me get the server to create advertising space in the spawn, and creating legit stores, not just yelling over chat, DIAMONDS FOR SALE!!!! DIAMONDS FOR SALE!!!, then just have them come to your house (creeper!) which is not at all official and chucking random shit at them, then asking for ridiculous amounts of money. Hopefully we can create an amazing place to enjoy trying to sell the most. May the selling begin!

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft Economy
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 01:51:08 am »
This sounds more like a personal advertisement than an actually solution to the server's economy.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 01:57:16 am »
An in-game stock market. now that would be both interesting and chaotic. I can imagine the lag, insanity, and even the "crashes". Now that would be funny, lol.

Good luck on your idea though :D

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 06:46:52 am »
Since you are interested about advertising, there is a way to do it with no lag.

Before the entrance of market to place 2 walls 3x5 on the right and left, and there the players will place the most 3 items and the price that they sell. We can apply 4 walls, closer to the center of the 4 paths. Or on the walls of market in the front page.

These prices/labels will change once a week.

E.g:
     Spamarian
    Diamond 400
   Redstone 200
     Wood 150