September 22, 2024, 01:13:34 pm

Author Topic: enchanting  (Read 1903 times)

joshuabox1998

• View Profile
enchanting
« on: March 17, 2012, 11:44:33 pm »
hi guys :D

i really was wonderin ghow how the language of enchating works because the one on minecraft wiki is it in english or what ??
i dont understand i hopefully someone can help me

thx ;D

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Re: enchanting
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 11:56:39 pm »
The standard enchantment table uses the "Standard Galactic Alphabet" and it can be translated, but it would require immense amounts of patience. This link should help you if you choose to translate it on your own: http://www.omniglot.com/writing/sga.htm.

There is a way to convert the language to english, without actually having to translate every letter, however it is slightly more complicated as it requires you to replace an image file inside the minecraft .jar file.

In the end, even if you did translate it using either of the ways above, it probably would not make much sense to you because the words come out in short bursts like "air hot fire". When I upgrade, I just choose the highest possible level and hope for a good outcome. If I don't like my outcome, I get more levels and try again. :/

Hope I helped.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 03:07:15 am »
Yes, the Enchantment Table mixes random words together to make a very 'non-sense' phrase-- kinda like gibberish in a sense.

In the end, you're better off with hoping for a good outcome (as DJAlphaWolf had said).

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 08:15:02 am »
You can write down all the enchants you do and at what level, and later on you compare the outcome with the words.
After some enchants you will be able to predict with a small % of losses the correct enchant you want.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 09:16:12 am »
You can write down all the enchants you do and at what level, and later on you compare the outcome with the words.
After some enchants you will be able to predict with a small % of losses the correct enchant you want.

No, it is entirely random.

greedy_jam

• Trusted Opticraft Player... Happy To Help!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 07:48:30 pm »
is there an enchantment table that everyone can use ?X