July 01, 2024, 07:46:28 pm

Author Topic: Capthcas on voting page  (Read 4509 times)

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Capthcas on voting page
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 05:58:06 am »
These captchas used to work. I have been meaning to remove them for awhile now, but haven't got around to it. Will see if i can be rid of them tonight.

Unholy_Gibbon

• The Nocturnal Op
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 02:07:54 pm »
These captchas used to work. I have been meaning to remove them for awhile now, but haven't got around to it. Will see if i can be rid of them tonight.
Thanks for removing them, it's all working fine now.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 02:14:48 pm »
I dotn really care of removing the captchas.
I have found once I voted for another server, that for each choice, you should press a capthca for the site and one for the site. So, the server gets the full support and the players the diamonds without possibility to cheat.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 06:51:55 pm »
The interesting thing is I've never had to enter the captcha on the Opticraft site.  I just click the continue button and it jumps me to the "true" captcha, which I enter and vote.  I've never NOT gotten my diamonds and I've never NOT voted for the server.  Everyone happy, and I only had to enter the captcha once per vote.

The only thing I truly hate is the 3rd one, because it doesn't tell you if you've successfully voted or not.  After you enter the captcha it just dumps you to the list of servers.  Not something Opti can fix tho, it's a problem with the list.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 06:56:24 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

devzer0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2012, 02:51:58 am »

Optical, thanks for fixing this!

On a related note that popup asking us to vote and enter our usernames.... when I use it I then have to enter my user name again. Any chance of fixing that? Or removing the popup? Diamonds are enough incentive for me, and that non-functional popup is driving me nuts... maybe it's just me. Any way just a suggestion that I think would improve the user experience on the site.

Tree Frog

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 02:01:49 am »
Thanks for changing this Optical!   Much easier now (at least for me).    ;D

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 07:00:04 am »
Thanks for changing this Optical!   Much easier now (at least for me).    ;D

Yes, its now much MUCH easier now. No need to waste any precious time on those CAPTCHA's

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 09:11:47 pm »
Thanks optical!  ;D

Smiteme69

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 10:08:23 pm »
It was never a problem in the first place, you could type anything into the first captchas and it would work ( except nothing didnt work) it was the following page that was important :) But still it's shaved 2 seconds of my voting time and made alot of people happy it seems :)