September 21, 2024, 05:10:31 pm

Author Topic: Ban appeal  (Read 1336 times)

GodlyDan

• View Profile
Ban appeal
« on: May 21, 2012, 07:04:58 am »
To Viper,

I think there is a misunderstanding for my account getting banned. I did not use any "X-Ray" to cheat in this server.
Please provide me evidence of my actions that may of caused the ban result.

Thank you for your kind attention,
Sincerely,
Danny (User: GodlyDan)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:10:16 am by GodlyDan »

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ban appeal
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 07:29:23 am »
To Viper,

I think there is a misunderstand for my account getting banned. I did not use any "X-Ray" to cheat in this server.
Please provide me evidence of my actions that may of caused your ban result.

Thank you for your kind attention,
Sincerely,
Danny (User: GodlyDan)

Thank you for your civilized message GodlyDan, I would like to reply in kind.  As usual, I was on patrol this evening.  I often follow players around to see what they're up to, because I have a general interest.  Some I find building amazing structures, some I find farming, some I find, like yourself, mining away, and I even run across some players just standing around doing nothing.  Most of the time it's completely random who I follow and when. I just grab a name out of either the chat window or by using the /who command.

Anyway... I followed you for a little bit while you mined and noticed you often switched directions.  Nothing really damming there.  It didn't raise any suspicion.  I got a little bored following you, no offense, so when you stated to another player that you had found a lot of Iron and Gold I decided to see where you had come from.  Upon backtracking your trail I found many twists, turns, and very short vertical shafts in your tunnels.  It was almost as if your direction was completely random at times.  It's not a typical mining method, but still nothing really damming there.  It was shortly after that when things didn't really add up.

When I continued on I came to the end of one of your tunnels and you dug vertically down about 3 blocks, dropping right beside a pool of lava.  Luck?  Alright, I'll go with that.  I then found another vertical drop at the end of a different tunnel and a small dug out area where your vertical shaft ended in Gold (Picture 1)  Chance?  Alright, I can buy that.  What really nailed you as an X-Ray user was when you got a little too greedy and covered up lava to get at iron under it.

I checked the block history all around the iron. (Picture 2)  There was absolutely NO way you could have seen that iron ore under the lava without being able to see through either the ground, or the lava, from the surface.  Due to the location, there wasn't enough room for you to submerge yourself under the lava (using a potion to remain safe) and see the iron there.  Quite frankly, the only way to see the iron ore would have been to X-Ray cheat.

I believe I've sufficiently proven my case in this matter.  The ban will stay in place.  That said, in case you wish to continue this futile appeal, I also rolled back the area to see what it was like prior to your changes and verified that there was no way for you to know of the existence of the Iron Ore.  It was on the edge of a small pool, just under the lava which you covered up with cobble.  (Picture 3)

Regards,

ViperZeroOne

PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2

PICTURE 3

P.S.  I also noticed a player online shortly after you were banned named GodlyShop.  I will be inquiring with administration to match IP addresses.  Circumventing a ban by using a secondary account is a direct violation of server policy.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:02:06 am by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

GodlyDan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 08:08:19 am »
To Viper,

Thank you for showing your result for my ban, the reason for my unusual technique of farming is because my friend taught me to always dig under lava because gold and iron and diamonds are always hidden under lava. So every time I see lava I always try to fill it up with blocks and dig afterward.

Also regarding the other account GodlyShop, I bought that for my brother to play with me. We are in the same house hold using the same router. That will explain the same IP result.

In conclusion I still don't find enough mature evidence for my ban.
It will be a big disappointment for all my friends I introduce to this server to have to leave with me and some are even players who donates to this server. Even worst if the public knows about this incident, it may convince them not to give this server a chance and will result in less donations. Please lift the ban as soon as possible.

Thank you for taking your time handling this case.

Best regards,
Danny

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:20:55 am »
I expected your reply GodlyDan, and your idle threats don't amuse.  That's why I collected additional evidence from the area (as well as a video recording for Mods/Admins to review).  Remember when I mentioned the vertical shaft that ended right beside a pool of lava?  Just by chance when I rolled back the Iron Ore area I also unexpectedly caught the edge of that vertical shaft.  Lucky me!  Guess what I found?

BEFORE ROLLBACK

AFTER ROLLBACK

This, in addition to the previous evidence, is now irrefutable proof that you do, in fact, have an X-Ray mod or texture pack installed.  If you would have admitted to it, I might have given you the chance to remove it and lift your ban.  As you have now blatantly lied about your usage of an X-Ray mod or texture pack I do not trust that you will remove it.  As such, the ban shall remain in place indefinitely.

In addition, as you have now admitted that GodlyShop is an additional account that you have access to I have banned it as well.  The blatantly smug nature of your messages leads me to believe that, in fact, you have absolutely no respect for this server and it's rules.  I cannot trust that you are in-fact being truthful in the facts surrounding that account, which is the reason it has been banned.  

I would also like to say that you have a very bloated sense of your importance on this server.  While we do try to provide the best experience possible for our players, we do have to occasionally disappoint individuals when members violate our clearly stated rules, which you have clearly done.  Even with your ban in place the donations will still continue, as will the new players to the server.  

Be sure when you badmouth this server, as I have no doubt you will, that you direct individuals to this forum topic so they can see exactly why you were banned and the irrefutable evidence to go along with it.  I have grown tired of the tone in your replies so I shall simply state that your appeal is denied and I'm locking this topic.

Have a lovely day,

- ViperZeroOne
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:55:37 am by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)