September 21, 2024, 08:46:26 am

Author Topic: [CONSOLE] The ban of blobman678  (Read 1342 times)

Blobman678

• View Profile
[CONSOLE] The ban of blobman678
« on: July 29, 2012, 03:44:56 pm »
I am sorry to be such an annoyance but it has come to my attention that I, blobman678, have been banned due to a grief detection. It was not my fault though. You see I was banned before due to a grief detection in the same place so I knew that there was an enchantment table there. I was excited because I found mobs and became level 10 so I thought I might be able to enchant something. So I went to the house and mined away 2 wool blocks to get in. But, to my displeasure they had respawned after I tried to enchant my things ( which I did not ). So I mined the away the wool to get out of the house but got banned for it was a grief trap. I thought to inform you of this and maybe you could reconsider my ban. Thank you.
http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=cschurz

I was banned by the CONSOLE

(edited the subject so it's properly formatted - ViperZeroOne)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:01:55 pm by ViperZeroOne »

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: the ban of blobman678
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 04:01:26 pm »
Your correct ban info is here:  http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=blobman678

KNOWING it was a grief trap, you admitted to griefing to get in so you could use the enchantment table and then griefing your way back out?  And you want us to forgive you?  And you see nothing wrong with that?

Sorry, but Grief traps are an automatic 7 day ban.  You'll have to serve it.  I remind you that after 3 bans they become permanent, so you might want to be really careful what you do when your ban ends.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Blobman678

• View Profile
Re: [CONSOLE] The ban of blobman678
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 07:56:24 pm »
I didn't know that the building itself was a grief trap. I thought it was only the table. I meant no harm in what I did and do apologise for it. I understand if you want to keep my ban but still did not know that the place was a grief trap. I just wanted to use an enchantment table. That's all.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: [CONSOLE] The ban of blobman678
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:03:10 pm »
Grief traps are not actually a building, or table, or chest, or any other kind of object.  They're actually an invisible boxed area which is set to record and punish anyone who modifies the blocks within that invisible box.  They are USUALLY the size of the building, however have been known to also include a block or two from the edge of the building in some cases.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)