September 21, 2024, 05:45:36 pm

Author Topic: [GirlLuvzerMac] Buglet01 Ban Appeal  (Read 2241 times)

buglet01

• View Profile
[GirlLuvzerMac] Buglet01 Ban Appeal
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:40:53 am »
Hi,

I think I may have been incorrectly banned for apparently griefing Lazerfishsushi's home.  The ban report says that I placed 80 blocks and was classed as griefing.

My Ban details are below;

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=Buglet01

I did not place any blocks at Lazerfishsushi's home.  I DID visit the house too see what has changed since my last visit, however I didn't grief or place blocks as stated by my ban.

I would be interested to see what date/time the event actually happened as my access to minecraft is limited during the week and I am also concerned that my minecraft account may be compromised.

Lazerfishsushi and myself have an agreement in place which allows us to both work on his home together.

I hope my ban appeal is successful, however I will respect the decision of the moderators in either case and if found to be unsuccessful, I will serve my time out without further appeal.

Thanks

Buglet01.

GirlLuvzerMac

• Placer of Blocks
  • There is no "try", only "Minecraft"
    • View Profile
Re: [GirlLuvzerMac] Buglet01 Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 05:09:20 am »
Hello Buglet,

Firstly, thank you for the very considerate and well-worded appeal...

I've attached images of what I found at Lazer's home; there was also some grief to the water that isn't shown in the screenshots as it had already been repaired. From the block history timestamps, it appears the grief was done around 1:45 am CST.

Lazer wasn't online when I went to look into the timestamps of the grief so I was unable to get their confirmation that you share their build, but to your credit when I answered the grief ticket and told Lazer whose name was on the grief, they replied ":O", so it did come as a shock to them...

I would like to get this cleared up as fairly as possible. If you do recognize the modifications pictured, please let me know; there's no doubt the grief was done using your account but I'd like to speak with Lazer to see if this was very out of character.

Also, because you're concerned that your account may be compromised, could you go to the site http://www.whatismyip.com to find your external IP address and send it to me in a private message so I can compare it to the IPs the server has logged from your account? I'd also advise you to immediately change your Minecraft password at minecraft.net, and ensure your PC's virus protection is up to date.

I'll wait for your reply,

GirlLuvzerMac

(click to show/hide)

buglet01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 05:39:45 am »
Hi GirlLuvzerMac,

Sorry, I now remember that I did place those wooden blocks, because the water was flowing outwards into the path and I wanted to attempt to clear the area up.  I had succeeded in fixing the damage up by diverting the flow of the water to how it was originally intended, but  I unfortunately had to leave the server at the last minute as my hunger bar was almost empty and personal circumstances mean't that I couldn't return to remove my blocks prior to my ban.

My intention was not to leave the area like that, but to return it to it's original condition. 

GirlLuvzerMac

• Placer of Blocks
  • There is no "try", only "Minecraft"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 05:59:53 am »
Hello again Buglet,

I accept this explanation because I did find that you'd removed wood blocks that you'd just placed in that exact area, adjacent to the blocks that were left behind. I don't know how the water came to be altered in the first place, but considering your honest answers and that you were trying to repair the build (not damage it), I accept your appeal and I'm pardoning you as soon as I log in.

-GirlLuvzerMac