September 22, 2024, 10:31:53 am

Author Topic: More Important things at the moment?  (Read 2207 times)

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
More Important things at the moment?
« on: March 21, 2012, 12:17:30 am »
This is not in anger or to trololol. I'm simply curious (:

So around the forums i see a lot of things suggested and ideas, and I see this:

Optical is thinking about that, but he has more important things to take care of.

Out of curiousisty, what are those things? I've never seen them mentioned, just that he is. I feel like this should be in a movie or something. Idk where that come from

Love,
Nate

Kian1354

• Trusted Opticraft Member
    • View Profile
Re: More Important things at the moment?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 12:53:06 am »
I am probably not the best source, but from what I have heard is the problem of hackers/spammers. Optical is trying to figure out a way to stop them, and then he can focus on the lower priority stuff  :D

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 01:09:26 am »
I am probably not the best source, but from what I have heard is the problem of hackers/spammers. Optical is trying to figure out a way to stop them, and then he can focus on the lower priority stuff  :D

now that you mention it, i do recall this being an issue. thanks

Kian1354

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 01:11:10 am »
No problem..I'm here to help  :D

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 01:33:14 am »
He's not just working on things to prevent hackers, but him and the Admins are working hard on behind the scene things. Also he can't always be working on the server, as he has a job and what not.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:44:51 am »
He's not just working on things to prevent hackers, but him and the Admins are working hard on behind the scene things. Also he can't always be working on the server, as he has a job and what not.
And isnt he in college?

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 01:46:10 am »
Some of the important things are improving Moderator efficiency, spam prevention, grief prevention, and other things. As DeeKay said he can't always work on the server.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 01:47:23 am »
One of the things he is working on for the server is a way to have multiple worlds going. He has realized the problem ahead of time, but with school and work going on at the same time, it has slowly creeped up on him to the point where he can't really micromanage everything all at once, so he has to make a couple sacrifices in order to keep up with the rest of the crowd.

He will be having some time soon to make it so that new players have a world where they can build in and keep the current world as a member and higher world-- that way, the guest players have a fully integrated world with 1.2 features and biome generation from the current seed.

Also, we are working on ways to boost server performance and a few other things, such as grief-traps and player cap limits. These are all things that we have touched base with for quite a while now, but with the current circumstances, those changes are going to be a little slow.

As it stands, the issue with the spambots and hackers has been dealt with, so that is no longer an issue for the time being, until they find another way to get through. In the meantime, they should no longer be a huge problem but more of a bug on the window.

Kian1354

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 02:13:28 am »
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up Xeadin  :)

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 10:41:24 am »
Thanks for the info :) again, I wasnt being critical, just curious :P

Cya guys around